carrie dot coxwell at gmail dot com
Enthusiastic, experienced UI developer seeks position that allows for growth in knowledge and efficacy. I am the kind of dev that allows you to have your cake and eat it too: I love both the big picture and the nitty gritty details. I am deeply passionate about knowledge sharing. By raising everyone’s base level of understanding, we build a stronger foundation from which to reach for greater heights. I thrive on cross-functional teams; interdisciplinary collaboration is catnip to me. I constantly seek relationships among people, information, and technology.
- Teach Computer Science to 6th and 7th graders at Grizzlies Prep Academy through hands-on experience with HTML, CSS, Scratch-like coding blocks, and more.
- Using the CodeHS curriculum as a guide, I supplement prepared materials with original examples and white board exercises to engage each student in a way that simply reading from slides cannot.
- Collaborate with my TA so that we stay in sync with classroom management.
- Occasionally, I fill in as an instructor for CodeCrew at Lester Community Center. That course uses a custom curriculum that teaches the kids to build Android apps using AppInventor.
- Refactored the architecture of our team SASS stylesheets for improved workflow and higher quality products
- Collaborated with UI/UX designers, back-end developers, and members of the business.
- Pulled dynamic product data from the repository using ATG droplets.
- Developed common structure and styling for all pages in order to present a fluent and cohesive front-end experience to the user.
- Participated in daily Scrum standups, keeping everyone abreast of my progress and working with other team members to overcome blockers.
- Trained fellow developers on best practices in order to elevate the quality of our codebase.
- Constantly educated myself on new best practices so I could produce the most readable, modular code possible.
- Tracked bugs, User Stories, and issues via Jira
Cook Systems, Int'l
- Worked as an on-site vendor at ServiceMaster and FedEx.
ServiceMasterMemphis, TN5/2015–3/2016Applications Developer
- Created page templates via JSPs and entered content through the BCC.
- Worked with comps, wireframes, and prototypes developed in Axure and other tools in order to deliver dynamic, intuitive interfaces.
- Maintained and implemented LiveChat and Google Analytics.
- Tracked User Stories, bugs, and issues via Jira.
- Attended a two-day training in Agile methodology.
FedExCollierville, TN6/2014–4/2015Applications Developer
- Ported FedEx Express’s Workbench desktop application to the web.
- Implemented MVC client-side architecture via the Struts 2 framework, OGNL, Java, and JSP
- Integrated the front end with back-end web services.
- Used XML to map JSP views to controller classes.
Bright Ideas Press
- Performed copy editing for internal and customer-facing documents.
- Led the initiative to create the company’s house style guide for grammar and usage conventions.
- Taught myself MS Access in order to develop a data structure prototype for the company’s digital quizzes.
Steak N Shake
- Responsible for all front-of-house duties.
- Helped with drive-thru when necessary.
- Jumped on the line to cook when necessary.
Pasadena Civic Auditorium
- Processed subscriptions via TicketMaster.
- Sold individual tickets in person and over the phone.
- Handled cash and credit transactions.
- Met the Green Power Ranger while working a Power Rangers convention.
Kent State University
- Java, Spring, Struts